Maintain a visitor friendly cataloged, searchable and browsable document library that includes documents stored in their original file formats such as HTML, PDF and TXT. A database record with descriptive information and administrative controls is created for each document imported into the website. Documents can be assigned viewing security levels, expiration dates, catalog locations, topics, and index keywords and phrases. The Document Library can serve as a knowledgebase for visitors and the organizing store house for unlimited website pages. Itís easy for permitted users with no website or HTML programming experience to import documents directly from their computer or network into the organizationís website. Documents created in MSWord, Publisher, and other desktop publishing software are quickly made part of the website with no programming required.
The PortalProdigy Resource Library provides your organization with a centralized knowledgebase accessible to permitted users 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year. It includes everything you need to manage and provide online access to your organizationís digital content including documents, images, web pages, audio, video and application specific files. You can use the PortalProdigy Resource Library for storage and retrieval of Best Practices, Operation Manuals, Tutorial Guides, Technical Specifications, CAD Drawings, Schematics, Spreadsheets, White Papers, Case Studies, Pictures, Agreements, Contracts, Forms, Marketing Materials, Information on Specific Topics, Proposals, RFPís, Fact Sheets, Brochures, Resource Guides, Software Downloads, Articles, and more.
The Document Resource Library benefits include:
- Document centric model that makes it easy to manage your websiteís content.
- Supports all file types including standards such as HTML (.htm), Adobe PDF (.pdf) Rich Text Format (.rtf), Word Document (.doc), Audio (.mp3) and Video (.mpeg).
- Separation of public content from private content. Individual documents (files) and folders can be secured, permitting access only to authorized users.
- Secure collaborative workspaces for sharing documents and files amongst members of a group.
- Checkout and check-in feature to track if document is currently being edited and by whom.
Approval processing option that places newly submitted documents into a submission queue pending authorization.
- Once authorized, documents are made accessible in the Resource Library. Automated notification is sent to submitters of rejected documents.
- Special support for HTML web pages to include the web pageís related files such as images, style sheets and scripts.
- Integrated easy to use document editor for editing HTML and Text documents. Allows creation and editing of web pages (documents) without knowledge of HTML.
- Authorized visitors can retrieve documents by browsing categories, searching on keywords and via links embedded in other pages and menus throughout your website.
- Search results are enumerated and easy to navigate.
- Automated expiration option deactivates documents based on specified expiration date.
Viewer tracking reports statistics on who, when and what has been viewed.
- Integration of documents with Event Registration, Membership Signup and Product Catalogue to display and manage Brochures and other related documents.
- Integration of documents in Mini Browsers and Menus to provide direct links to documents.
Some of the components, fields and settings of the Documents feature, discussed in detail in this chapter, are: