PortalProdigy provides everything you need to setup product items and
manage your inventory. Items are managed separately from your product
catalog, allowing you to assign items to multiple product categories
(see the Product Catalog and Shopping Cart Feature for additional
information.) It’s easy to add new items using our simple data entry
screen. Provide rich descriptions of your products including pictures,
multimedia brochures, specifications and detailed product information.
Items are instantly published in your product catalog and automatically
indexed by the product search feature.
Inventory management is optional and can be enabled on an item by item
basis. Inventory management is fully integrated with the product catalog
and shopping cart to display real time availability. Inventory
management is also fully integrated with order management, fulfillment,
and batch entry making it easy to maintain your inventory.
Item and inventory management features and benefits include:
- Create and manage an unlimited number of product items.
- Setup standardized product information.
- Add customized fields for display in your product catalog category
listings, product detail pages and searchable by your customers using
the product search.
- Fully integrated with product catalog, shopping cart, order management,
- Include product images.
- Include multimedia product brochures.
- Include links to documents and other pages.
- List accessories, related items, etc.
- Product search with automated indexing of product name and product
- List comparable items.
- Provide customers with ability to locate items by comparable items using
- Option to permanently disable inventory management or temporarily
disable for the purpose of entering initial inventory quantities.
- Option to display or hide out of stock items.
- Option to provide default product picture when no picture is available.
- Bulk product import.
- Inventory automatically committed by shopping cart and order entry.
- Inventory automatically relieved by fulfillment process. Orders can be
fulfilled individually or using batch fulfillment process.
- Inventory automatically updated by Inventory Entry and Inventory
Adjustment processes. The system provides easy to use batch entry
screens for both of these processes.
- Print inventory reports.
Standard Item fields include:
- Product Name.
- Product Code – enter part # or SKU
- Product Type – define list of standard product types.
- Pricing Method – options for specified price, request quote, or request
- Sales Price.
- List Price
- Costing method – options for average price or specified price.
- Quantity Level Pricing.
- Special Customer Group Pricing.
- Short Description.
- Long Descriptions – enter descriptions as plain text or HTML.
- Unit Type.
- Shipping Weight.
- Colors & Sizes – specify unlimited number of color and size
- Manufacturer’s Model #.
- Manufacturer’s Product Code – part # or SKU.
- Preferred Vendor.
- Preferred Vendor’s Product Code – part # or SKU.
- Average Reorder Frequency.
- Minimum Reorder Quantity.
- Taxable – specify whether sales tax is applicable.
- Inventory – option to enable/disable inventory of item.
- Limit Orders to Quantity on Hand – option to limit orders to available
- Display in Mini Browser – option to promote product on your Home page.
- GL Accounts – specify GL Accounts for each item for Cost of Goods Sold,
Inventory, Inventory Adjustments, Revenue, Unfulfilled Revenue, and
Sales Returns & Allowances. Set up default values for quick data entry.
- Custom Fields - allows you to define an unlimited number of standardized
searchable fields. E.g. a bookseller might create standard fields for
Author, Subject, ISDN, and Number of Pages. Options to include fields in
product search, product catalog category listings, and on product detail
- Thumbnail Picture.
- Large Picture.
- Picture Collections – option to include unlimited number of images.
- Accessories – option to specify an unlimited number of accessory items.
- Related Items – option to specify collections of related items such as
“Suggested Items”, “Customers who purchased this item also purchased”,
“Books by the same author”, etc.
- Ratings – options to specify standardized Quality, Price, and Value
ratings that are displayed in Product Catalog.
- Accessory – option to specify if an item is an accessory.
- Brochure – option to load multimedia brochure linked to standardized
Brochure button in Product Detail page.
- Document Collections – option to include links to documents on Product
Detail page. E.g. “Specifications”, “Warranty Information”, “White
- Download – option to provide product as download.
- Private – option to limit purchase of the item to authorized customer
groups such as “Authorized Resellers”.
Standard Inventory tracking fields:
- Item Sub Code – sub part # used for color and size combinations.
- Manufacturer’s Sub Code – sub part # used for color and size
- Color & Size.
- Quantity on Hand – tracks physical quantity in inventory.
- Quantity Available – tracks physical quantity in inventory less quantity
committed to unfulfilled orders.
- Quantity Committed – tracks quantity committed to unfulfilled orders.
- Quantity Committed Backordered – tracks quantity committed to
unfulfilled orders that is not available.
- Quantity Adjusted – tracks manually entered adjustments to inventory to
account for such things as theft, breakage, etc.
- Quantity on Order – for future use by Purchase Orders, a planned
- Quantity on Backorder - for future use by Purchase Orders, a planned