Load a Bulk List of LRCA Contacts
- Read the Chapter titled “Legislative & Regulatory Call
to Action (LRCA) Feature in Detail” in the Administration Manual.
- Read the Chapter titled “Contacts, Members, Vendors &
Companies Feature in Detail ” in the Administration Manual.
- Read chapter titled “Import Data Features in Detail” in
the Administration Manual.
- Create a CSV file using Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet
application containing LRCA Contact information in the following columns:
First Name , Last Name , Title , CompanyName , Company Address1 , Company
City , Company State , Company Zip , Company Phone , Company Fax ,
Company E-mail , LRCA Branch , LRCA Level , LRCA State.
- The spreadsheet must be saved in comma delimited file
format for import in a later step..
- Portal Prodigy accepts most standard phone formats and
will convert them to 999.999.9999 format. Phone Extensions should be
placed in separate field (column).
- States must be in two letter abbreviated format, such as
“CA” for “California”. Note that when State is not included as field in
import, the default State specified in User Signup Features Management is
- Country must be in three letter abbreviated format, such
as “USA” for “United States of America”. Note that when Country is not included
as field in import, the default Country specified in User Signup Features
Management is assigned.
- Individual contacts are entered into concurrent rows in
the spread sheet
- Click on the Utilities icon on the Site Administration
- Click on the Import Contact Data icon on the Utilities
- Click on the Add New button.
- Enter a Profile Name.
- Click the Browse button and import the CSV file created
during earlier step.
- If the imported CSV file contains field (column) labels in
the first row, check ‘Ignore first row which contains column headings’.
This checkbox is located to the right of the ‘Values Included’ section
- For each field (column) in the imported CSV file, enter
the column number in the text box of the corresponding field name on the
Import Contacts Data Management page. A zero or blank (no number)
indicates that the field is not in your CSV file.
- Check all fields that should have their existing value
replaced by the imported value. Empty fields in existing media contacts
records will always be updated with the imported value. If the LRCA
contact is new all of the fields will be imported when the new contact
record is created.
- If applicable, check one or more Special Interest Groups.
- Check desired Security Types.
- Click the Save button to save the import profile.
- Click the Import button to perform the import.
- When import has finished it will display the total number
of rows that were successfully imported and it will list by row number
each row that could not be imported and reason why.
- Click Close button to return to the Utilities Menu.